Amazing Properties of Fiber Foods
Why do we Need Fiber Foods?
Have you ever thought why we need to eat so much every day and, more than that, at least three times a day? Has nature played a joke on us, forcing us to spend time on shopping, cooking and then eating? Isn’t it better, like in fantasy movies, to take a tube with concentrated nutrition and satisfy the organism’s need in the collection of healthy substances? Food is part of our life. Besides proteins food products contain, fats and carbohydrates, ballast substances calledfiber foods.
Sometimesfiber foodsare called food fiber. It can be soluble or insoluble.Fiber fooddoes not bring energy to the organism but it increases the volume of processed products and promotes their advancement along the intestine. Large intestine is the sewerage system of our organism. Here the waste of our vital activity is collected poisonous substances we get with food, fluids and from environment, as well as died off cells of our organism. They are so harmful that can cause severe poisoning, if not evacuated out of the organism. In this case,fiber foodis an efficient aid.
Its main purpose is regular cleansing of the big intestine off poisonous substances, bile, andcholesterol. So how does it capture poisons and toxins? With its porous surfacefiber food, like a sponge, absorbs poisonous waste from the organism.
Fiber Foods KindsInsolubleFiber Food
Insolublefiber foodin the form of cellulose, hemicellulose and lignin possesses such a property.Cellulose and hemicellulose absorb water very well, increasing in volume by dozens of times.
Lignin possesses the quality of mixing with gall acids in the intestine. Thanks to this, constrained gall together withcholesterolexcess is evacuated out of the organism. In addition, lignin reduces digesting of otherfiber foodskinds.
There is also solublefiber food. It has a jelly-like consistency containing gums andpectins. Such kinds offiber foodsbegin to work already in the stomach and small intestine. Same like lignin, they mix with gall acids, slow down the absorption of fats and utilizecholesterol. Thanks topectins, the process of food movement out of the stomach is slowed. While moving along the intestine, solublefiber foodstick together with processed wastes. However, its function is not reduced to that. Some kinds of soluble fiber food cover the intestine walls and slow down the absorption of carbohydrates. This way after food consumption, the abrupt rise of sugar in blood does not occur. This process is reducing the risk of diabetes.
What Quantity of Fiber Foods is Needed for Organism Cleansing and Normal Vital Activity?
The recommended daily requirements for Fiber are 30 grams per day. If you had a sandwich with ham, coffee with sugar and a roll for breakfast, it was not a healthy breakfast at all, as it did not contain even a gram offiber foods.Consequences of such breakfast:
- quick evacuation of food out of the stomach and, consequently, a sense of hunger requires additional snacks;
- sharp rise of blood sugar level and its quick fall, accompanied by the sense of hunger, sometimes even with a headache;
- insufficient quantity offiber foodsand, as a result, stagnation of processed products in the intestine;
- the most unpleasant thing collection of toxins in the intestine and their reverse absorption into the organism because of insufficient quantity offiber foods,imbibing poisons.
What Should You Include into the Diet to Provide Yourself with Healthy Meals?
Some products contain a lot offiber foods, while others have their smaller content or do not have them at all. Regardless offiber foodkinds in this or other food product, it still has a positive influence on your organism as a whole, performing its functions.High fiber foods, with cellulose and hemicellulose are vegetables:
- Aubergines, Brussels sprouts, kohlrabi, white cabbage, spring onions, carrots, sweet pepper, leaves of parsley, tomatoes, beet.
- High fiber foodsare also fruit and legumes:
- fig, strawberries, raspberries, sea-buckthorn, ashberry, currants, bilberry, apricots, pears, haricot, Soya, green peas.
Lignin is present in crops, especially in bran. That is why bread with bran is very healthy. First, it is low-calorie. Second, it contains B-group vitamins and of course fiber.
The Top Fiber-Rich Foods are cereals as buckwheat and oats. 100 g of cereals contain 10.8 g offiber foods.
Pectinsare very widespread in nature. Almost every fruit containspectins. Oranges, apples, pears, currants, peaches, strawberries, ripe bananas, and apricots are very rich inpectins.
Include High Fiber Foods into Your Diet
Make a rule to eat every day:
- at least 2 apples or any other fruit;
- a salad made of any vegetables, for example, radish, lettuce, parsley, carrots, dill, spring onions garnished with extra virgin oil, as the best option;
- any cereals, not less than 200 g (1 serving), preferably 2 servings;
- for a desert you may treat yourself with natural marmalade or jelly with fruit.
Most diets for losing weight includehigh fiber foods. Thanks to these food products, sense of hunger retreats, you do not over eat and do not gain weight.