Eggplant with cheese and sauce in the oven
You have little fuss, but it is a delicious food, perfect for a winter lunch or dinner. Try it and you will not lose ... It leaves you lots of room to add or alter materials as defined by your imagination and your inspiration!
2 lbs. 3 oz. (1kg) round eggplants
4 tsp. tablespoons breadcrumbs
4 fl. oz. (118ml) milk
4 - 5 tablespoons olive oil
1lbs (450 g).Gruyere cheese
1 lbs. (450 g) grated parmesan
For the sauce:
2 lbs. 3 oz. (1 kg) tomatoes
1 onion chopped
2 cloves garlic
1 red sweet pepper or 1 chili pepper1 tablespoon oil
Pinch of sugar
A little basil
How to cook:
* Wash the eggplants and cut them into thick slices. Eggplants sprinkle with some salt and to withstand half an hour, then to wash and dry.
* Beat eggs with milk. One by one dip the eggplant in the mixture and then sprinkle with breadcrumbs.
* Fry the eggplant in oil.
* Meanwhile, prepare the sauce.
- Put the tomatoes in a food processor grind until smooth and then put them in a pot with salt to boil.
- For the spicy sauce at this stage put the remaining ingredients into the pot and boil all together 5 - 6 minutes.
* Spread the eggplant in the pan, the cover with a little sauce with sliced Gruyere cheese and grated parmesan. Repeat for two more layers. Bake 30 minutes and serve hot.