Recipes GREEK CUISINE
It is delicious recipe for moussaka with minimal calories. Recipe is suitable for low-calorie diet - fat - carbs.
Recipe: 8 servings
Nutritional information for 1 serving
Calories: 284 Calories | Fat: 7 g.
4 oz. (112 g) lean ground beef
4 large eggplants (about 2 pounds)
1 medium grated carrot
1 medium grated Zucchini
2 medium chopped onions
1 cup tomato puree
1 cup nonfat yogurt
1 large egg
Salt and pepper: as you like
2 teaspoons whole (thyme, oregano, marjoram, rosemary or whatever you like)
Olive oil: a few drops
How to cook:
1. Cut the eggplant into slices about 1 cm thick and salt them. Leave them about 30 minutes to get the bitterness out. Then rinse them. Slices of eggplant to put on 2 large baking trays. Bake at 347 F (175 C) for about 30 minutes (to soften well).
2. Pour few drops of olive oil in a skillet with paper towel and spend the bottom and walls lubricated slightly. Heat the pan and add the minced meat to roast for a few minutes, stirring him regularly.
3. Add the chopped onions, grated carrot and zucchini. Cook for a few minutes, stirring regularly. Finally add salt, pepper, spices and tomato puree. Stir and cover the pot. Turn down the heat and let it simmer for about half an hour. Check that and if needed add a little water.
4. Pour a few drops of olive oil in a pan and spreading it with paper towels. Lay down to 1/3 of the eggplant. Lay 1 cup of vegetables, lay half over the eggplant. Lay another layer of eggplants and over the rest of the meat. Finish with a layer of eggplant.
5. Beat the egg lightly and add to yogurt. Stir well and add the cup minced. Spread this mixture over the last layer of eggplant.
6. Cook the food at 356 F (180 C) for 35-40 minutes. Serve hot with a green salad.