How to use spices in cooking
In every cuisine of the world spicy herbs, different seeds and nuts are used to improve the taste of the meal. Every nation has its own local fragrant herbs. Some of them possess healthcare effects.
India is known for mastering and originality of using spices. Many factors influenced it. Hot climate, a variety of fragrant herbs, which people treated with, and which maintain longer freshness of food; all these facts encouraged people to cultivate spices like grain varieties, fruits and vegetables.
Nearly all spices possess healthcare effects.
If you want to support your wellbeing and to eat healthy, learn how to use spices. Take into consideration their specific qualities.
You may mix spices in different variations, receive new fragrances and flavor properties.
However, not all the spices can be mixed. Some fragrances are incompatible, and they will depress other spices’ aroma. But there are spice mixtures, where each component completes others and creates a new and inimitable flavor or taste. The new flavor benefits the taste of food
1. CorianderCoriander is a well-spread kind of spice. It is a storehouse of vitamins and unsaturated fatty acids. It is used in medicine as well. Coriander can be used fresh or in seeds. This spice has bactericidal properties and reveals the pain.
2. FennelFennel is widely known. Fennel water is given to infants to prevent them from colics. Fennel antiseptic action is known from the ancient times.
3. Bay leafBay leaf is an ancient relict plant. In Greece winners were awarded with bays. Bay leaf has also curative characteristics and a nice flavor. It kills tubercle bacillus bacteria, helps to restore the immune system, and separates the whole organism from toxins.
4. Black pepperBlack pepper is a kind of liana from the Southern Asia. Premature fruit of black pepper are dried in the sun. They receive dark brown color and a wonderful fragrance which is a bit eager in taste.
5. White pepper.White pepper is the same as black one, but allowed to ripen more. It is released of flesh and dried. It has another fragrance. It is more specific than other kinds of pepper. Pepper is the source of vitamins, especially vitamin B complex and a variety of microelements. Black and White pepper contains capsaicin that kills cancer cells.
6. Jamaica pepper.Jamaica pepper is not a relative of black pepper or white pepper. It grows on the tree but it is gathered prematurely. Thus, its fragrance is saved. As for its curative characteristics, some substances in it regulate the work of the digestive tract. Jamaica pepper is an antiseptic.
7. Curcuma.It is an antiseptic against pathogen microbes. It can be used for washing a throat during inflammation. Curcuma improves the s digestive tract.
Here are 7 spices, which can be used for making mixtures. Such spice mixture is mild for the organism; it does not sting with its burning components. It can be used for dietetic dishes. This is the simplest spice mixture; it is general for fish, meat or vegetables.
You can do it in the following rate:
- Coriander 2 parts;
- Curcuma 2 parts;
- Fennel 2 parts;
- Black pepper 1.5 parts;
- White pepper 0.1 parts;
- Jamaica pepper 0.5 parts;
- Bay leaf 0.5 parts.
You may also add 2 parts of flax seeds. Flax seed is not a spice. It has a slight nice flavor; tastes similar to nuts. It has unique curative properties due to irreplaceable fatty acids and a variety of compounds, which benefit the whole organism.
For people who prefer hot taste, chili pepper can be added, but it is not a dietetic spice. All the components should be grinded in a special mill, or if you do not have it, you may use a coffee-grinder. The mixture should be stored in porcelain or dark glassware. It is recommended to preserve a mix in small amount, as its components maintain fleshiness and flavor longer when used within short time. Long shelf live can cause bitterness. Eventually, you’ll be able to compose the mixtures according to your taste, taking into consideration their individual characteristics how they influence a human system.